Veramed is a specialist contract research organisation (CRO) to the pharmaceutical industry, focused on delivering high quality statistics and programming for the reporting of Phase I-IV clinical trials across a variety of therapeutic areas. The projects and clients we work with provide a varied and exciting challenge; this in turn enables us to help develop and enhance our employees’ capabilities and gives opportunities for growth.
The role of the Statistician II is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department across a range of projects, clients and therapeutic areas.
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position. The application of these tasks may vary, based on current business needs.
- Perform technical and consistency review of clinical trial documents including protocols, SAPs, CRFs, CSRs.
- Author simple study SAP and TFL shells.
- Author and review simple dataset standards.
- Perform data checks and data exploration (e.g. using frequencies, histograms).
- Program and QC non-complex datasets and TFLs (in SAS) following specifications, applying good programming practice.
- Application of advanced statistical techniques (e.g. mixed effects, non-linear modelling, Bayesian, advanced survival).
- Perform literature review and ability to extract and collate relevant information and data from external papers as needed.
- Perform and QC simple sample size calculations using standard software or simulation.
- Communicate rationale and mechanics of simple study designs & analysis methods.
- Lead internal study team meetings effectively.
- Attend client study team meetings. Provide input into relevant discussions and provide updates as necessary.
- Share scientific, technical and practical knowledge within the team and with colleagues.
- Perform work in full compliance with applicable internal and client policies, procedures, processes and training.
- Build effective collaborative working relationships with internal and client team members.
- Seek opportunities to develop innovative ideas, sharing when appropriate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- At least 12 months of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and basic study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R).
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary. Benefits include, private healthcare, travel insurance for business and leisure, summer and Christmas party, pension, cycle to work scheme, death in service, season ticket loan, membership to PSI.
As an organisation that has people at the heart of it, Veramed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We foster a working culture where employees have integrity, honesty and respect for one another without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
If you wish to apply for this role please follow the steps below to register with Veramed Recruitment, and upload your CV and cover letter for review.