Veramed is a specialist contract research organisation (CRO) to the pharmaceutical industry, focused on delivering high quality statistics and programming for the reporting of Phase I-IV clinical trials across a variety of therapeutic areas. The projects and clients we work with provide a varied and exciting challenge; this in turn enables us to help develop and enhance our employees’ capabilities and gives opportunities for growth.
The role of the Statistician I is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department across a range of projects, clients and therapeutic areas.
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position. The application of these tasks may vary, based on current business needs.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and basic study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Awareness of importance of standards (including CDISC, TFLs, ICH, SOPs) and what standards are being applied to specified client accounts.
- Review and understand clinical trial documents including protocols, SAPs, CRFs, CSRs.
- Author simple study TFL shells.
- Familiarisation with dataset standards.
- Perform basic data checks and data exploration (e.g. using frequencies, histograms).
- Program simple datasets and TFLs (in SAS) following specifications, applying good programming practice.
- Application of simple statistical techniques (e.g. t-test, ANOVA, regression, standard survival), model checking.
- Perform literature review and ability to extract and collate relevant information and data from external papers as needed.
- Perform simple sample size calculations.
- Attend internal and client study team meetings. Provide input into relevant discussions and provide updates as necessary.
- Share scientific, technical and practical knowledge within the team and with colleagues.
- Perform work in full compliance with applicable internal and client policies, procedures, processes and training.
- Build effective collaborative working relationships with internal team members.
- Seek opportunities to develop innovative ideas, sharing when appropriate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R).
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary. Benefits include, private healthcare, travel insurance for business and leisure, summer and Christmas party, pension, cycle to work scheme, death in service, season ticket loan, membership to PSI.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this role please follow the steps below to register with Veramed Recruitment, and upload your CV and cover letter for review. You must complete both steps of this process to complete your application.