As a mid-size Contract Research Organisation (CRO), Veramed prides itself on two key areas: providing the highest quality statistics and programming consultancy for its clients, and giving its employees industry leading working environment, support and development for growth. We don’t believe in a universal model for Statisticians, which is why you’ll find the unique responsibilities, daily interactions and opportunities for each Statistician type we’re hiring for, such as a Delivery Statistician or a Project Manager Statistician.
Due to the experience levels expected as a Statistician I, you will likely suit being a Delivery Statistician before expanding to other types or a mix of each as your career grows. Understanding each Statistician type will give you a good idea of how you might like to build your career and expertise.
At its core, the role of the Statistician I is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department across a range of projects, clients and therapeutic areas. More information can be found on our Statistician careers page.
Minimum requirements as a Statistician I:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
The following Statistician type/s are suited to this role (CLICK THE HEADING BELOW):
Work on a range of clinical studies for small to large pharmaceutical and biotech clients while feeling valued and supported in your day-to-day work.
We are seeking a hands on Statistician with attention to detail and strong work ethic to work as part of the statistical and programming team providing statistical support as outlined below to a variety of clients in the Veramed portfolio. This role provides the opportunity to progress towards becoming a Lead Statistician at Veramed.
This role entails a wide variety of responsibilities and client exposure – you are certainly not pigeon holed.
Below is a range of the types of tasks you could be carrying out on a daily basis. As with many roles at Veramed, you have the opportunity to shape their direction dependent on client needs and your own career aspirations.
STATISTICS & PROGRAMMING:
- Prepare and review study documentation including protocols, SAPs, TFL shells and analysis dataset specifications
- Input into choice of appropriate statistical methodology
- Manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical techniques
- Program/validate statistical tables
- Mentor more junior members of the team
- Participate in internal and client meetings
- Development to Lead Statistician
- Gaining experience across a range of therapeutic areas and/or phases
- Presenting at conferences.
- Developing and executing innovative study design and/or efficiency optimisation ideas.
- Peer mentoring and/or line management.
- Contributing to business process improvements and authoring/presenting internal training.
- Contributing to initiatives that consider employees, the environment and our local communities as part of our B Corp accreditation.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A warm, friendly working environment in which to thrive both personally and professionally.
- A supportive, open-door management policy that will aid in your development and provide you with the tools to take your career to the next level.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects, allowing you to diversify your workload and work closely with some of the biggest pharma companies in the industry.
- Work with a truly unique CRO that’s doing something different when it comes to managing staff, projects and building relationships in the industry.
- The ability to truly own your role and develop your skills and experience.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R).
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you have a passion for contributing to high quality deliverables, thrive when working closely with team members of all levels of experience and want to work for a company where you truly feel you can add value, this role could be for you. Apply now.
When applying for the role below, please bear in mind which Statistician type you feel most suited to – this can help our Recruitment team understand your goals and help ensure you develop your career in the best way possible. There is no right or wrong answer and your preference will not affect your application – this is to simply help us understand what area you’d like to focus on as a Statistician.
Can’t find any current roles that suit you but are still interested in joining Veramed? Feel free to drop off your CV here so we can keep your details on file.
- Competitive salary
- Private and business travel insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Travel loan
- Annual bonus
- Summer and Christmas parties as well as company socials
Please take a look at our website and glassdoor reviews to get to know us! You can also find us on instagram or twitter with our handle @weareveramed.
If you wish to apply for this role please follow the steps below to register with Veramed Recruitment, and upload your CV and cover letter for review.