Veramed is a specialist contract research organisation (CRO) to the pharmaceutical industry, focused on delivering high quality statistics and programming for the reporting of Phase I-IV clinical trials across a variety of therapeutic areas. The projects and clients we work with provide a varied and exciting challenge; this in turn enables us to help develop and enhance our employees’ capabilities and gives opportunities for growth.
The role of the Senior Statistician is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department in relation to a specific Functional Service Provider agreement.
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position. The application of these tasks may vary, based on current business needs.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines, local HTA regulations and commercialization requirements.
- Support study team in providing study design options.
- Identify and implement appropriate sample size method using software or simulations.
- Perform indirect comparison and network meta-analyses.
- Analyses of and design of pragmatic observational studies (both prospective and retrospective).
- Knowledge of data mining techniques.
- Creation of visualizations to effectively present data and results.
- Support KOL engagement activities supporting HTA and commercialization (including advisory boards, publication meetings and HTA preparations).
- Implement a strategic publication plan in collaboration with RWE, medical affairs, and ecosystems on observational studies and other real-world data in terms of design and analyses.
- Perform additional analyses required for HTA submissions of phase III data.
- Application of complex statistical techniques (e.g. mixed effects, non-linear modelling, Bayesian, advanced survival), model checking and interpretation.
- Perform literature review and ability to extract and collate relevant information and data from external papers as needed.
- Communicate rationale and mechanics of study designs & analysis methods.
- Lead internal and client study team meetings effectively.
- Present study updates internally and at client meetings.
- Share scientific, technical and practical knowledge within the team and with colleagues.
- Perform work in full compliance with applicable internal and client policies, procedures, processes and training.
- Build effective collaborative working relationships with internal and client team members.
- Seek opportunities to develop innovative ideas, sharing when appropriate.
- Line management or mentorship of more junior team members.
- Contribution to development of internal training materials.
- Contribution to internal process improvement initiatives.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Additional General Requirements:
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and networking ability.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions and negotiation.
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary. Benefits include, private healthcare, travel insurance for business and leisure, summer and Christmas party, pension, cycle to work scheme, death in service, season ticket loan, membership to PSI.
As an organisation that has people at the heart of it, Veramed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We foster a working culture where employees have integrity, honesty and respect for one another without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
If you wish to apply for this role please follow the steps below to register with Veramed Recruitment, and upload your CV and cover letter for review.