Senior Statistician – HTA & Medical Affairs
Veramed is a specialist Contract Research Organisation (CRO) to the pharmaceutical industry with headquarters in Twickenham, London, UK. We have two other UK offices the BioHub in Greater Manchester and Swansea in Wales, as well as an office in Boston, Massachusetts, US. We have a great work ethic and culture focussing on delivering high quality statistics and programming for the reporting of Phase I-IV clinical trials across a variety of therapeutic areas to clients worldwide.
We work on exciting and challenging international projects for our clients that give us the opportunity to deliver exceptional value and high quality results. This enables us to enhance our own capabilities and grow as a team within a great working environment.
Veramed Excellence Programme – Framework for continuous professional development
Veramed is committed to helping develop statistics and programming graduates. We not only help to enhance your technical abilities but also look to bring out the attributes required for a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry based on our Veramed Excellence Programme. We encourage everyone to demonstrate these values in everything that we do and look to foster a great culture and positive work environment.
Purpose of this role:
The role of the Senior Statistician is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department in relation to a specific Functional Service Provider agreement.
The job tasks listed below outline the scope of the position. The application of these tasks may vary, based on current business needs.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines, local HTA regulations and commercialization requirements
- Perform indirect comparison and network meta-analyses
- Analyses of and design of pragmatic observational studies (both prospective and retrospective)
- Knowledge of data mining techniques
- Creation of visualizations to effectively present data and results
- Support KOL engagement activities supporting HTA and commercialization (including advisory boards, publication meetings and HTA preparations)
- Implement a strategic publication plan in collaboration with RWE, medical affairs, and ecosystems on observational studies and other real-world data in terms of design and analyses
- Perform additional analyses required for HTA submissions of phase III data
- Communicate rationale and mechanics of study designs & analysis methods
- Lead internal and client study team meetings effectively
- Present study updates internally and at client meetings
- Share scientific, technical and practical knowledge within the team and with colleagues
- Perform work in full compliance with applicable internal and client policies, procedures, processes and training
- Build effective collaborative working relationships with internal and client team members
- Seek opportunities to develop innovative ideas, sharing when appropriate
- Line management or mentorship of more junior team members
- Contribution to development of internal training materials
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience
Additional General Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and networking ability
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions and negotiation
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
Contract or permanent position. Competitive salary. Benefits include, private healthcare, travel insurance for business and leisure, summer and Christmas party, pension, cycle to work scheme, death in service, season ticket loan, membership to PSI.
Very friendly company, great to work for with genuinely supportive management team. Small company - so opportunities to get involved with company projects across all levels and have an impact on strategy. Good career pathways available with options for either technical excellence or people management options.AnonymousGlassdoor, March 2019
Really fun place to work with great people! Graduate training program gives a really good foundation for development. Company’s main focus is on quality, meaning that we maintain good relationships with clients. Lots of opportunities for developement, management team are supportive in this.AnonymousGlassdoor, Nov 2019
Everyone at Veramed is friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is great. Senior managers do care and are very supportive. Veramed is a good place to develop professionally. Employees are not expected to do overtime and the workload is manageable. Overall, I have very much enjoyed my time at Veramed so far.AnonymousGlassdoor, Oct 2018
Management care about the staff, are approachable, flexible and transparent about company plans/developments. Line and project managers are supportive and motivating. Nice, friendly colleagues and a good amount of social activity. Good amount and variety of work with a focus on quality.AnonymousGlassdoor, Jan 2018
There is a genuine focus on "Quality First" to drive efficiency, which is very refreshing having seen this slip in my previous company. Fantastically friendly culture within the company where everyone seems happy to help each other out no matter how big or small the request is.AnonymousGlassdoor, Sept 2018
Send your CV and cover letter
If you are interested in being part of this exciting phase in the company’s growth and wish to apply, or would like further information, please email your CV to email@example.com