Do you relish the multifaceted challenges of statistical consultancy across a wide range of projects? Have a knack for building strong client relationships while also supporting a young team of Statisticians? Want to work in a role that is both hands-on and strategically focused?
We’re looking for an ambitious statistician with the technical and leadership skills to head up our growing consultancy business.
As Head of Statistical Consultancy you will oversee all consultancy projects (ranging from direct personal hands-on delivery to oversight), build collaborative relationships with our client partners (including biotechs, pharma and academics), lead the development of the business unit (forming the strategy and driving growth), and grow the capability (nurturing fellow statisticians in the development of their consultancy skills).
At Veramed we pride ourselves on two key areas: providing the highest quality statistics and programming consultancy for our clients, and giving our employees an industry leading working environment with the support and resources to deliver their best work and achieve their career potential.
- Provide statistical leadership and oversight across the consultancy business
- Maintain technical proficiency and visibility through publications, conference attendance, webinars, blogs, white papers and other media
- Provide technical coaching to more junior statisticians
- Provide consultancy support for existing and new clients and oversee technical consultancy projects, including:
- Protocol summary development and identification of estimands
- Input into the study design, efficacy and safety measures and the planning of appropriate statistical analyses
- Perform sample size calculations, study design simulations, estimation of assurance and assessment of decision criteria operating characteristics
- Participate in protocol development and review
- Author/review the Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP)
- Production of statistical analyses and visualisations
- Review the clinical study report and provide input on interpretation of results
- Provide DMC support
- Review and input into regulatory documents and interactions
- Contribute and review abstracts posters, presentations, and manuscripts for publication and ensure accuracy of all biostatistical aspects of such documents
- Collaborate with other technical statistical SMEs within the business to support projects, train and develop staff, promote best practice and provide statistical oversight.
- Client Account Management:
- Maintain positive collaborative client relationships, managing expectations and issue resolution
- Responsible for client related governance
- Responsible for driving associated processes to ensure good governance, good adherence to SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and evaluate gaps within and external to the business and recommend appropriate solutions and/or process improvement initiatives.
- Business Development:
- Work with the Business Development and Marketing departments to identify new business opportunities and initiatives for statistical consultancy
- Key operational lead involvement in producing bid proposals and quotes for prospective and existing clients
- Involvement in bid defence and other client meetings
- Determine departmental resource needs and recruitment requirements for consultancy projects
- Engaging with the Executive Leadership Team on vision and direction for the statistical consultancy business unit
- Working with the Senior Management Team on cross-company initiatives
- Developing and executing innovative study design and/or efficiency optimisation ideas
- Line management and mentoring
- Contributing to business process improvements and authoring/presenting internal training
- Contributing to initiatives that consider employees, the environment and our local communities as part of our B Corp accreditation
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A warm, friendly working environment in which to thrive both personally and professionally.
- A supportive, open-door management policy that will aid in your development and provide you with the tools to take your career to the next level.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects, allowing you to diversify your workload and work closely with some of the biggest pharma companies in the industry.
- Work with a truly unique CRO that’s doing something different when it comes to managing staff, projects and building relationships in the industry.
- The ability to truly own your role and develop your skills and experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- From 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards, ICH and regulatory guidelines and technical concepts including Estimands.
- Interpersonal/teamwork and communications skills for effective interactions.
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Able to inspire and set strategic direction.
- Executive management and leadership experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary. Benefits include, private healthcare, travel insurance for business and leisure, summer and Christmas party, pension, cycle to work scheme, death in service, season ticket loan, membership to PSI.
As an organisation that has people at the heart of it, Veramed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We foster a working culture where employees have integrity, honesty and respect for one another without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
If you wish to apply for this role please follow the steps below to register with Veramed Recruitment, and upload your CV and cover letter for review.