Veramed is a growing Clinical Research Organization (CRO) to the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. At our core, we provide high quality statistics and programming services for the reporting of Phase I-IV clinical trials across a variety of therapeutic areas to clients worldwide.
Our Ukraine office is located in Kharkiv, where all successful applicants will learn their craft and become fully employed Programmers. Our Headquarters is located in London, UK, with additional UK offices in Manchester and Swansea. We also have global offices in Frankfurt, Germany, and Boston, Massachusetts, US. We are a truly global CRO and we pride ourselves on having a great work ethic and culture that focuses on employee development, engagement and team bonding. In fact, in 2021 we were accredited as ‘world class’ employers by Best Companies™.
Discover what it’s like to work for a global CRO that works on exciting and challenging international projects for some of the biggest names in the bio-pharma space.
Our graduate training program aims to smooth the transition from graduate to effective member of a clinical biostatistics team. The comprehensive 12 week syllabus equips you with relevant skills and knowledge so that by the end of the training program you will feel prepared for your new role as a Statistician or Programmer. As well as in depth technical training, you will get an overview of the industry and a range of soft skills to help you manage projects, communicate with clients and follow specific processes. Even if you have some technical experience, our comprehensive program ensures that any potential knowledge gaps are addressed. As the program progresses you will take on more project work and client-specific training, and by the end of the 12 weeks you will have sufficient skills to work on client projects.
At the beginning of the program you will be given your training schedule together with your SAS training book which you will work through. Your SAS training includes the opportunity to practice your skills and complete additional tasks in the safe environment of a mock clinical study.
The initial part of the program focuses on introduction to industry topics, understanding other job roles you may come into contact with, soft skills such as time management and active listening, greater depth of understanding of specific SAS procedures, and Quality. Client-specific training is introduced as required part way through and is balanced with other training. As you advance through the graduate training program you will work on training and client work concurrently, spending more time on client work towards the end of the program.
Throughout the graduate training program and beyond, you will be supported every step of the way by a line manager, a mentor, and a buddy from the previous cohort of graduates.
As you make your way through the training program you will be integrated more and more into the teams that you will be working with when you finish your training. You will start to work on some aspects of projects so that you can start using your skills. After 12 weeks you will be working 100% of your time on client projects as a Graduate Statistician or Programmer. At this point you will be a fully fledged Statistician or Programmer.
At Veramed we strive for excellence, hence we update the training program year on year based on feedback from graduates and line managers. We therefore will be encouraging you to let us know if you feel there are gaps in the program or in your own knowledge and so that we can look to address these either via a new training module, or through mentoring and line management sessions. We want your entry into the industry to be seamless and for you to feel supported as you embark on your career.
During your time at Veramed you will have continuous access to a broad range of additional training that is part of the Veramed Excellence Program. You can learn more about continuous professional development opportunities by clicking here.
- For programming positions we look for students who have studied a BSc in Maths, Science or Computer Science.
What to expect
- Exploring clinical trial data for a deeper understanding of the industry’s framework.
- Manipulating data and producing clinical trial datasets to industry standards.
- Development of statistical results for drug safety/efficacy in clinical trials.
- Maintaining proficiency in statistical programming and apply new and varied methodology.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment in a consultative manner.
Download a full job description here.
Applicant profile: What do we look for in a Graduate?
- Alongside technical ability you must be motivated and conscientious.
- A readiness to display and embrace our core values of Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities with an attention to detail, along with a natural curiosity for understanding problems and an ability to be innovative with solutions.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- You will also be willing to develop and learn continually.
- You will want to be a part of Veramed’s culture and be involved with a growing company.
- Ability to demonstrate some of the values from our Veramed Excellence Program.
- Technical abilities and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the patient centricity of the pharmaceutical industry.
What to include in your cover letter:
- Why you want to work in Medical Statistics
- Which role you are applying for
- Which office you want to be based in
- How you heard about Veramed
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
For UK graduates, please see our UK Graduate Program here.