Veramed is a specialist Contract Research Organisation (CRO) to the pharmaceutical industry with headquarters in Twickenham, London, UK. We have two other UK offices the Biohub in Greater Manchester and Swansea in Wales, as well as an office in Boston, Massachusetts, US. We have a great work ethic and culture focusing on delivering high quality statistics and programming for the reporting of Phase I-IV clinical trials across a variety of therapeutic areas to clients worldwide.
We work on exciting and challenging international projects for our clients that give us the opportunity to deliver exceptional value and high quality results. This enables us to enhance our own capabilities and grow as a team within a great working environment.
See what we get up to as a company by visiting our Instagram page and read reviews from current and past employees on our Glassdoor profile. Just click on the icons below.
Veramed Excellence Programme – Graduates Develop Technical & Business Abilities
Veramed is committed to helping develop statistics and programming graduates. We not only help to enhance your technical abilities but also look to bring out the attributes required for a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry based on our Veramed Excellence Programme. We encourage everyone to demonstrate these values in everything that we do and look to foster a great culture and positive work environment.
Find out more about our Graduate Excellence Programme.
For more information about developing your career with Veramed read an article by Ingrid Franklin, one of our Statisticians, on “What does it take to become an Associate Statistician”.
Applicant Profile: What do we Look for in a Graduate?
- Alongside technical ability you must be motivated and conscientious.
- Ability to demonstrate some of the values from our Veramed Excellence Programme.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities with an attention to detail, along with a natural curiosity for understanding problems and an ability to be innovative with solutions.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- You will also be willing to develop and learn continually.
- You will want to be a part of Veramed’s culture and be involved with a growing company.
- Technical abilities and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the patient centricity of the pharmaceutical industry.
We are looking for Graduate Statisticians and Statistical Programmers with the following capabilities:
- Exploring clinical trial data for a deeper understanding of the industry’s framework.
- Manipulating data and producing clinical trial datasets to industry standards.
- Development of statistical results for drug safety/efficacy in clinical trials.
- Maintaining proficiency in statistical programming and apply new and varied methodology.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment in a consultative manner.
- Analysing clinical trial data using appropriate methods.
- Simulation of study design scenarios leading to more complex tasks.
- Keep up to date with the latest statistical methods.
- Study literature reviews to understand disease areas of interest.
- Review and input into statistical study documents.
- You will also be involved with statistical programming, including:
- Manipulating data
- Producing statistical results
- Production of datasets
What Can You Expect in Your First Year?
By joining Veramed you will be part of a team of experienced Statisticians and Programmers with a wealth of experience. There is an emphasis on professional development; the Veramed Graduate Training Program aims to equip graduates with the technical ability, industry knowledge and soft skills in order to work in a clinical biostatistics team. Training and development are ongoing throughout a career at Veramed, as well as opportunities to participate in industry conferences.
The collaborative nature of Veramed’s client relationships may require your interaction with clients and presence at client meetings where you will be representing Veramed as part of a team.
- Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org